Vehicle Wrap Care
Vehicle Wraps are like paint in a sense that don't last forever and if properly cared and regularly maintained, the life span can be greatly extended.
Best Practices for Maintaining a Vinyl Wrap
Clean the vehicle every 2 weeks. PVC films behave similar to automotive paint if left in constant contact with dirt, grime and contaminants, it will eventually degrade, especially if left un-clean and exposed to UV light and/or heat.
• When hand washing, the first step is to pre-rinse the vehicle with clean water, thus avoiding scratching the surface.
• Gently wash with a mild soapy water solution and a sponge, start at the top of the vehicle and work down.
• Avoid abrading the film surface with unnecessary scrubbing.
• Rinse the wrap thoroughly with clean water when finished.
• Allow the wrap to dry naturally or to avoid water spotting immediately use a silicone squeegee to remove water.
Waterless Wash / Spray Wax
• A great option as long as the vehicle isn’t too dirty. These products can help maintain the gloss level and performance of the film. If the vehicle is not overly dirty, this is the preferred method.
Automatic Car Wash
• A brushless automatic car wash with just spray is acceptable.
• The automated brush wash is not recommended as the brushes may scratch the vinyl surface, catch and lift the edges of the vinyl wrap, reduce the gloss finish and/or create a failure point.
• Skip the wax options at the car wash to avoid wax that contains petroleum distillates which can damage the wrap.
• Let the wrap dry naturally or dab dry with micro-fiber towel.
• The use of a pressure or power washer should only be used when all other cleaning methods have been used or tested and did not properly work.
• NOTE: Pressure washing could have negative effects on the vehicle wrap including but not limited to
edge-lifting and face degradation.
• Keep water pressure below 1200 psi.
• Keep water temperature below 80°C.
• Keep the nozzle at least 12 inches away from the edges.
Avery Dennison Supreme Wrap Care
The Avery Dennison Supreme Wrap Care range includes a Cleaner, Power Cleaner and Sealant. These are professional grade products that are simple for anyone to use. They help matt, satin and gloss vehicle wraps cope with all the challenges of the road after leaving the workshop.
General cleaning product for regular use – eliminates dust, light dirt, fingerprints and other marks.
Extra power to deal with difficult localized stains such as bird droppings, road grime, tree sap and much more.
Provides a protective layer on the wrap, making it easier to clean off everyday challenges like dirt, bird droppings and tree sap